Notice to Parents, Guardians and Teachers
The Uniform Complaint Procedure may be used to submit a complaint with respect to any of the following topics:
- There should be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials. For there to be sufficient textbooks and instructional materials each pupil, Including English learners, must have a textbook or instructional materials, or both, to use in class and to take home.
- School facilities must be clean, safe, and maintained in good repair.
- There should be no teacher vacancies or “misassignments” as defined below:
- “Misassignment” means the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position for which the employee does not hold a legally recognized certificate or credential or the placement of a certificated employee in a teaching or services position that the employee is not otherwise authorized by statute to hold.
- “Teacher vacancy” means a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of the year for an entire year or, if the position is for a one-semester course, a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of a semester for an entire semester.
- Pupils who have not passed the high school exit examination by the end of grade 12 are entitled to receive intensive instruction and services for up to two consecutive academic years after completion of grade 12 or until the pupil has passed both parts of the high school exit examination, whichever comes first.
A Uniform Complaint Procedures Complaint Form may be obtained at a school office or at the District Office, 115 W. Allen Ave, San Dimas, CA. A Complaint Form may also be printed from the District web site, do.bonita. k12.ca.us, or printed from the California Department of Education website, https://www.cde.ca.gov/eo/ce/wc/index.asp