Welcome Letter from Principal
Let me begin by saying how much all of us at Bonita High School truly value and appreciate the level of support we have received since starting quarantine in March. Navigating these uncertain waters is never easy but we will continue to do our best to provide your students with the necessary resources needed to be successful in and out of school.
I hope through everything that has happened during the past few months, you and your families have found time to relax a little before we get back to a very abnormal start to school. As our superintendent stated in an earlier letter, we will start the 2020-21 school year completely on-line. Our staff are currently receiving training on a new learning management system called Canvas. This system was piloted during summer school and we believe it will change the way online education will take place for all Bonita High School students. To ensure all students have access to technology this year, EVERY student will have a Chromebook checked out to them to use during the 2020-21 school year. To fully engage all stakeholders in this new era of learning, we will be providing students and parents with training that will assimilate you into how your students will access instructional lessons this year. Training will take place through videos and other media for the parents and through zoom and videos for our students.
Our hope is that at some point during the school year, we will be able to come back to campus in either a hybrid or traditional school model. We are very excited to see our returning students and to welcome our freshman to the Bearcat family, but we will only do this once it is safe to do so per the Los Angeles County Public Health orders.
You received an e-mail a couple weeks ago giving the dates for our registration. It noted that we will increase the number of days for registration to help with social distancing during the registration process. In this packet, you will find the dates and times that your student is scheduled to register. If your student is unable to register at their assigned time, they can report during the make-up day.
- Students may only have 1 adult (if needed) with them during registration. Students will remain 6 feet apart.
- Masks will be REQUIRED at all times.
- All students will start at the BHS EZ- UPS at the front gate, then proceed to room 708 where check-in will take place by validating the completion of your Infosnap. If you need to complete your Infosnap, we will have sanitized Chromebooks for you to use.
- Join PTSA and Athletic Boosters in room 801
- Pay for ASB card, Yearbook and BHS Gear in the Student Union
- Take a photo for your I.D. card, school and yearbook picture in rooms 705 – 706
- Pick up your class schedule – Administration Office
- If you need to see your counselor, you will be directed to a designated classroom where you will be able to join a zoom meeting to talk with your counselor
- Due to the intricate nature of this year’s schedule of courses, class changes will only be made to correct errors, such as 2 math classes etc. Please understand that we cannot accommodate requests for specific teachers; the only exception will be that a student will not be required to have the same teacher from a prior year – this however does not apply to siblings.
- Pick up textbooks and Chromebooks in the library.
Important Registration Information
- Parent Welcome Back Letter
- InfoSnap Online Registration Site
- School Academic Calendar
- District Academic Calendar
- Student Injuries and Insurance
- Freshman Registration Timetable
- Sophomore Registration Timetable
- Junior Registration Timetable
- Senior Registration Timetable