PSAT: Registration for the October PSAT for 10th & 11th graders is now open (freshmen registrations are subject to cancelation if the number of seats exceeds 350) – see the attached information/ registration form. Cost of the exam is $30 (a limited number of free/reduced registrations are available). Payment must be made by Monday, September 9th in the Finance Office.
I want to inform you of an important examination that may help prepare your son/daughter for college acceptance. The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is a program cosponsored by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation. The PSAT exam follows a modified format of the SAT. The PSAT also gives 11th graders an opportunity to enter the National Merit scholarship program and gain access to college and career planning tools. The PSAT/NMSQT measures:
- Critical reading skills
- Math problem-solving skills
- Writing skills
The most common reasons for taking the PSAT/NMSQT are to:
- Receive feedback on strengths and weaknesses of skills necessary for college study.
- See how your student’s performance on an admissions test might compare with that of others applying to college.
- Enter the competition for a National Merit scholarship from NMSC for 11th graders.
- Help prepare for the SAT that should be taken late in 11th grade.
- Receive information from colleges when you check “Yes” to Student Search Service.
Sophomores and juniors are encouraged to take the PSAT – limited to 350 students. Freshmen may register for any seats that remain. The PSAT will be administered here during the school day at Bonita HS on Wednesday, October 16, 2019, at 7:40 AM in both gyms. The cost of the PSAT is $30 and can be paid through the Finance Office until Monday, September 9th.